Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Don't Throw Away Those Crumbs! Use Them for Dinner Instead!

We all have those little bits of chips, and crumbs that is left at the bottom of bags, and boxes that we usually throw away without thinking twice about it. What if I told you that you could those crumbs in everyday recipes?

Instead of tossing the crumbs out I put them into sandwich bags that I store inside a freezer bag inside of the freezer. Sometimes, I will write with Sharpie the date, and/or contents.



The crumbs can be from chips, crackers, or even broken up taco shells. Sometimes, it's not even just crumbs that I save. If I have some crackers, or chips going stale I might go ahead, and add them to the freezer bag, too. That way I am not tossing them out, and wasting food.

So what can you do with these crumbs?


I like to mostly use mine for breading. I put the crumbs through the food processor, and bread chicken, zucchini with it. They can be used for a lot of other foods, too, but for us that is where I usually use them. It typically takes quite a bit of crumbs to do one meal, so I often don't have a lot left for other things, anyway.    I use the potato chips pieces for tuna casseroles.

Some oven baked chicken I made using leftover crumbs.

 So there you have it! Breading practically for free! What kinds of things will you try this with?



No comments:

Post a Comment