Sunday, March 1, 2015

Crock Pot Fajitas

This recipe is so easy that I can leave instructions for my kids to put it on if I'm not at home to get it going. It's really, really good, too!

All you need is some chicken, green peppers, onion, and whatever seasoning you'd like to use. I find the packaged seasoning to be too expensive. I prefer to either make my own with some cumin, chili powder, and garlic salt. I found some Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime on sale for $1.30, and it is really good, as well as lasts a long time.

Different crock pots cook at different speeds. I find mine to be pretty quick, so you may need to adjust the times to suit your crock pot.

First put your chicken in the crock pot. You can use chicken breast, or skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
Then sprinkle your seasoning over the chicken liberally.  Pour 1/4 of a cup of water over chicken, and set to cook on low for about 5 hours. In my crock pot I can go to 6 hours, but after that it gets pretty overdone.

After about 4 hours put in onion, and green pepper. You don't want the vegetables to be in there for much more than an hour or they start to get all mushy.

After 5 hours take chicken out, and shred. It comes out so tender that this is really easy to do. Put back in the crock pot, and mix with the seasoned sauce. Serve on warmed tortillas.


No comments:

Post a Comment